Cyperus Conditioning & Sport
Darren can offer a variety of programmes, school, home or community based, working with clubs, teams, individuals, small or large groups. Services provided may range from one off sessions, to establishing regular contact over a period of time. All services will be negotiated with the client, regarding their time frames and the desired outcome.
Darren’s quality credentials, means he can offer basketball coaching to fit any requirements. Elite to beginners, teams based or skill development.
Basketball coaching services offered, include:
- Individual private coaching.
- Group skill development.
- Team concepts covering – spacing, timing, reading the defense, cuts, screens.
- Team strategy covering – offensive patterns and plays, defensive strategies.
- Coach education – skills, drills & activities, coaching principles, planning and preparation, strategies, choosing structure and patterns.
- Coach mentoring.
- Training volunteers and support training – teachers, parents, students / coaching, refereeing, scorebench, managing.
- Competition development.
- Developing an understanding of how to play backyard basketball – in the school or community.
- Team seasonal contracts – practice sessions & game coaching.
Darren holds an Assistant Junior Development Coach qualification through Tennis New Zealand, including training in Grasshoppers Tennis. He will cater for beginner and intermediate level coaching for any age. Advanced level coaching can be referred to the resident Club Professional Coach.
Tennis coaching services offered, include:
- One on one coaching.
- Group coaching.
- Stroke development - serve, forehand, backhand, volley, lob, drop shot.
- Game play - singles, doubles, strategies, positioning.
- Grasshoppers Tennis.
Sport Generic Coaching
Many sports share similar fundamental concepts. With Darren’s experience covering team versus individual sport, large ball skills versus striking skills, developmental coaching, strategic coaching and sports conditioning – he is able to offer a variety of educational sessions.
Generic sports coaching services offered, include:
- Large ball skills – skills of ball control, passing and dribbling that relate to large ball sports such as basketball, netball and soccer.
- Striking skills – use of a club, racquet or bat, relating to sports such as softball, cricket, hockey, tennis and golf.
- Movement fundamentals – skills that relate to a variety of sports such as sprinting, acceleration, agility, change of direction, footwork, balance.
- Teamwork development – learning the concepts of moving receivers, spacing, timing, ball movement, committing the defender. Relates to team sports such as rugby, netball, basketball, soccer, hockey.
- Strength and stability – development and understanding of core strength, important in a majority of sports. Body positioning and awareness.
No matter what your sport, Darren can improve on team conditioning relative to the requirements of your game. Conditioning sessions designed to make the most of time frames scheduled, whether they start in the off season, preseason or within competition phases.
Services provided may include:
- On field / court conditioning – cardio, strength, stability, speed, power, agility, flexibility.
- Group gym work – strength or circuit based programmes (subject to an arrangement with a gym provider).
- Integrated conditioning – making the most of sports specific drills and game situations.
- Training camps – fitness development and education, team building.
- Team fitness testing.
Personal training, strength and conditioning, home based programmes (some mobile gym equipment is available) or sessions in a gym. All programmes are developed to reflect the goals and commitment of the individual. The aim is to help you achieve your goals and to help you develop a sound understanding of training principles.
Services provided may include:
- Aerobic conditioning for general health, weight loss, or for a sport specific focus.
- Strength conditioning for general fitness and health or for a sport specific focus.
- Power (plyometrics) and agility for a specific sports focus.
- Flexibility training for general health or sports performance.
- Injury rehabilitation for general health or sports performance.
- Core stability for general health or sports performance.